SECRET CITY HALF MARATHON WEEKEND
SATURDAY 29 NOVEMBER 2014
- 7:30 Half Marathon starts.
- The 13.1 mile certified course will start and end at the National Fitness Center in Oak Ridge and will run along city streets and greenways.
- A portion of the course will run along the Oak Ridge waterfront (Melton Lake Greenway).
- The course is fast and spectator friendly.(two state records broke on the course in 2011)
- Also scheduled is a Half Marathon Relay.
HALF MARATHON: WHAT TO EXPECT
- Scenic 13.1 mile certified course (TN10055MS)
- Fast and flat double loop course (only a 53 meter total change in elevation)
- Long sleeve technical shirt for pre-registered runners**(Registered before 26 November 2014)
- Unique finishers medal
- Excellent post-race food and beverages
- Lockers and showers for all runners at the start/finish
- Hydration stations approximately every two miles (water/ gatorade)
- You must be able to complete this course in three hours or less
Half Marathon Team competion
- Gather your friends, Co-workers, family and fellow students and compete in the Secret City Half Marathon Team competion.
- Teams of five or more runners
- Scoring is based on place of the top three fastest team members
- Team Members will qualify for individual age group awards
Virtual Race Bag
All Event Participants Receive Digital Goody Bags
We have partnered with Virtual Race Bags to produce a ‘virtual goody bag’ in an effort to ‘go green’ and provide additional benefits to our participants. As a participant of this year’s event you will receive a ‘Welcome’ email invitation to the Virtual Goody Bag prior to the event giving you access to the bag. In the bag you will find an array of valuable information including exclusive offers, coupons, giveaways and messages from our sponsors.
Bonus! Included in your registration is a one year subscription to a magazine of your choice – a $20 value! Select from titles such as: Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Bicycling, Prevention. Details on how to claim your subscription or request a refund will be found in your Virtual Goody Bag.
But wait, there’s more! After the event, participants will receive a ‘Thank You’ email invitation to visit their bag and have a final opportunity to take advantage of the offers before the bag closes – as the bag is only available for a limited time.
So watch for the Virtual Race Bag and Get Your Green On!”