All Races are 29 November and 30 November 2014.
- 7:30am Start on 30 November 2014
- The 13.1 mile certified course will start and end at the National Fitness Center in Oak Ridge and will run along city streets and greenways.
- A portion of the course will run along the Oak Ridge waterfront (Melton Lake Greenway).
- The course is fast and spectator friendly.(two state records broke on the course in 2011)
- Also scheduled is a Half Marathon Relay.
Half Marathon Team competition
- Gather your friends, Co-workers, family and fellow students and compete in the Secret City Half Marathon Team competition.
- Teams of five or more runners
- Scoring is based on place of the top three fastest team members
- Team Members will qualify for individual age group awards
- 8:00am 29 November 2014
- Packet pick up and registration for the 5k starts at 6:00 am
- The 5k course is USATF certified and start/finish near the Oak ridge Civic Center Click here for map
- Awards for the Half Marathon will be given to the top three male and female in the open and 1st place male and female in the masters(over 40),grand masters(over 50), and Veterans(over 60) divisions.
- Awards for the 5k and 10K will be given to the 1st place male and female in the open, masters(over 40),grand masters(over 50)
- Age group awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place using five year age groups.
- All Half Marathon finishers will receive a unique medallion at the finish line (Half Marathon Relay runners will not receive a medallion).
Half Marathon Fees:
$55.00 on or before September 30, 2014
$60.00 on or before October 31, 2014
$65.00 on or before November 28, 2014
$70.00 Day of Race
Half Marathon Relay Fees (per 2-person team):
$75.00 on or before September 30, 2014
$80.00 on or before October 31, 2014
$85.00 on or before November 28, 2014
$90.00 Day of Race
5KM Race Fees:
$25.00 on or before October 31, 2014
$30.00 on or before November 28, 2014
$35.00 Day of Race
All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Parking is available at Roane State Community college, across from the National Fitness center.
Entry Packet Pick-Up
Race Entry Packets for all races can be picked up at the Oak Ridge Civic Center starting at 6:30am on Saturday, November 29, 2014. The Civic Center is located at 1403 Oak Ridge Turnpike, Oak Ridge, TN 37830 .
Race Schedule and Information
5KM Race: 8:00am Saturday, November 29, 2014 at the Oak Ridge Civic Center
Half Marathon: 7:30am Sunday, November 30, 2014 at National Fitness (750 Briarcliff Ave, Oak Ridge, TN 37830.)
Race Time Limits:
The following time limits will be imposed,
5KM – 1 hour from start of race
Half Marathon – 3 hours from start of race
5Km Race Awards will be presented following the race (approx. 9:30am) at the Oak Ridge Civic Center.
Half Marathon Awards will be presented following the race (approx. 11:30am) at National Fitness Center.
Race Entry Age Requirements
There is no age requirement for the 5km Race, however you must be a least 16 years old to run the half marathon.
Lockers and showers are available for registered Half marathon runners at National Fitness. Runners should bring a lock to secure your personal items while on the course.