- Races are 29 November and 30 November 2014.
- 7:30 30 November 2014
- The 13.1 mile certified course will start and end at the National Fitness Center in Oak Ridge and will run along city streets and greenways.
- A portion of the course will run along the Oak Ridge waterfront (Melton Lake Greenway).
- The course is fast and spectator friendly.(two state records broke on the course in 2011)
- Also scheduled is a Half Marathon Relay.
- 7:30 29 November 2014
- Packet pick up and registration for the 5k/10k starts at 6:00 am
- The 5k/10K courses are USATF certified and start/finish near the Oak ridge Civic Center Click here for map
Half Marathon Team competion
- Gather your friends, Co-workers, family and fellow students and compete in the Secret City Half Marathon Team competion.
- Teams of five or more runners
- Scoring is based on place of the top three fastest team members
- Team Members will qualify for individual age group awards
- Awards for the Half Marathon will be given to the top three male and female in the open and 1st place male and felmale in the masters(over 40),grand masters(over 50), and Veterans(over 60) divisions.
- Awards for the 5k and 10K will be given to the 1st place male and female in the open, masters(over 40),grand masters(over 50)
- Age group awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place using five year age groups.
- All Half Marathon finishers will receive a unique medallion at the finish line (Half Marathon Relay runners will not receive a medallion).
Half Marathon Registration Fees
$35.00 on or before 1 March 2014
$40.00 on or before 1 July 2014
$50.00 on or before 15 November 2014
$55.00 after 15 November 2014
Half Marathon Relay Registration Fees (per 2-person team):
- $65.00 on or before 1 March 2014
- $75.00 on or before 1 July 2014
- $95.00 on or before 15 November 2014
- $105.00 after 15 November 2014
5k/10k Registration Fees
$20.00 on or before 1 March 2014
$25.00 on or before 1 July 2014
$30.00 on or before 27 November 2014
$35.00 after 27 November 2014
All entry fees are non refundable and non transferable.
HALF MARATHON INFORMATION
Click here for an event timeline.
Ample parking is available at Roane Community college, across from the National Fitness center.
Packets, including your race number for the half marathon can be picked up Saturday (29 November) TBD at the Health and Fitness Expo at the Oak Ridge Civic Center.
Packet pick up/registration for the 5k/10k starts at 6:00 am 29 November 2014.
7:30 am (EST)
Awards will be held at the National Fitness center parking area, 11:30 am. (Half Marathon)
Awards for the 5k/10k will be outside the civic center immediately after the race.
Runners must be able to complete the half marathon course in Three hours
You must be 16 years or older to run the Half Marathon
Lockers and showers are available for all registered Half marathon runners. Bring your own lock to secure your personal items while on the course.